Note:- Before you can purchase land, the land must first be sold to your avatar account. All land is initially owned by Mac Grid. Contact Dennian Clarke or Ian Murray for purchasing land.
Follow these steps to get your land:
- Skip this step if this is your first time logging into the macGRID. If this is not your first time logging in then start by opening up your viewer and locate your viewer’s Grid Manager and click that. When the Grid Manager is open ensure that the macGRID grid is selected then click “Refresh Grid URLs”. This step is crucial. Because your viewer saves URLs for the macGRID this step deletes any old URLs and replaces them with new URLs that may have been changed for the macGRID. Click “Apply” then “Ok” to exit the Grid Manager.
- Log into the macGRID with your avatar account (only the avatar that the land was sold to can complete the land purchase).
- Find the map button on your viewer’s screen, I use Singularity so my map is located at the bottom. Now type in your land name into the search box and click “Search”. Use exact names for lands and do not leave out underscores if the land has an underscore in its name.
- You can either double click the land on the map or select the land in the list of results and click “Teleport” to teleport there.
- After you’ve teleported to the land, from the menu bar above click “Advanced” -> “View Admin Option” or press Ctrl-Alt-V . You will notice an “Admin” menu has now appeared in the menu bar. You must do this so that you can access the “Buy land” option.
- Now you have two options to buy the land:
- Right-click on the land itself (Buy land option should now be select-able) and select “Buy land”
- from the menu bar above click “World” -> “Buy Land”
- A dialog box should pop up, it will begin searching for the buy and sell information give it a minute. After it’s completed, agree to the Estate Covenant then click “Purchase”.
- The land is now yours.
Do you have a cloud avatar? If you do, follow these steps to help get you sorted out.
To create you avatar body and outfit:
- Right click the folder “Body Parts” and select -> New Body Parts -> New Shape.
- Repeat step (1) for New Skin, New Hair, New Eyes. Your “Body Parts” should now 4 Body Parts in them; New Shape, New Skin, New Hair and New Eyes. In no order of course.
- Select each of Body Part items and drag them to your folder called “Current Outfit “. You should begin to render a naked avatar.
- Next navigate to the folder “Clothing” and select -> New Clothes -> New Shirt.
- Repeat step (4) for New Pants You can also select other clothing the items you want.
- Select each of the Clothing items and drag them to the “Current Outfit” folder like you did in step 2. This should give you some clothes that you can wear until you get your hands on some new assets.
Welcome to macGRID’s Simulation Research Network! Follow these steps to connect to the macGRID.
- Download and install the Singularity viewer from the link provided below. You need this in order to connect and view the GRID. Download the package that corresponds to your Operating System. (e.g if you have a Windows click on the Windows Installer).
After the download has completed go to the folder where that downloaded file is located. Open and run the installer. This should take a view minutes.
- After Singularity has installed, the program should open itself. If it does not, find the Singularity desktop icon or any other Start Menu Singularity icon and open the Singularity application.
At the bottom of Singularity’s screen you will see a button called “Grid Manager”, click this button.
- Now that the Grid Manager is open you can add macGRID to the list on Grids. Begin by clicking “Add” in the Grids tab.
Here you will enter the Grid details in order connect to macGRID.
Under “Grid name” type in: macGRID
Under “Login URI” copy and paste this exact URI address into the field: http://opensim-robust.sharcnet.ca:8002/
Select “Platform” as Opensim (Optional)
Click “Ok” to apply these settings. Grid Manager will exit. macGRID should now appear in the list of available grids.
Next you need to enter your account details given to. Enter your username in the “Name or Username” field and your password in “Passsword”. Confirm that “macGRID” grid you created in step (6) is the selected grid under “Grid”, if not, click the drop down menu and select “macGRID”. Also, select “My Home” as the Start Location. Click Login.
- Welcome to the macGRID! Check other KnowledgeBase articles for more information.